Jobs For The 2019 Season
Job applications for the following summer positions listed below are now being accepted for the 2019 season
How To Apply
Download the Minisink Job Application and complete the fillable form to the best of your ability.
1. To be considered for a position, all candidates MUST be eligible to work the ENTIRE summer season. The season begins approximately May 15th and ends September 3rd. Candidates should not take more than 2 weeks of vacation time. When completing the application, please be as accurate as possible with your vacation dates and the dates you are leaving for college.
2. Submission of Employment Application: PLEASE SUBMIT COMPLETED APPLICATION IN THE FOLLOWING FORMAT. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED INCORRECTLY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
i.File saved as "Minisink Application LAST NAME"(insert your last name)
ii.Email completed applications and any certifications to the following emails below:
Front Desk / Camp Counselor Applicants: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pool Applicants (Lifeguard, Swim Team / Lessons): email@example.com
Maintenance Applicants: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in becoming a certified Lifeguard?
The Minisink Management is running an American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Course at a special rate for applicants that will commit to working the duration of the summer at the Minisink Club! Spots in the course are limited. Interested applicants, must be a minimum of 15 years old by the last day of the class and be able to pass the requirements set by the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Program. The course information is as follows:
Minisink Lifeguard Course Dates: Must attend all
Wednesday, May 29th - 3:30 - 9:00 PM
Thursday, May 30th - 3:30 - 9:00 PM
Monday, June 3rd - 3:30 - 9:00 PM
Tuesday, June 4th - 3:30 - 9:00 PM
Wednesday, June 5th - 3:30 - 9:00 PM
Course Cost: $200 (50% off regular course taken elsewhere)
Course Information: Must complete all
1. Online Blending Course Work: Participants must complete the online American Red Cross Lifeguarding Pre-work. This must be completed before May 29th and is approximately 6-7 hours of online material. Link below:
2. American Red Cross Swimming Pre-Test: On May 29th participants must complete a swimming pre-test. This is standard set by the America Red Cross. Information for the swimming pre-test is below:
A. Swim 300 yards (12 laps in pool) continuously (any combination of front crawl and breaststroke). Swim goggles may be used.
B. Retrieve a weighted 10 lb brick from a minimum depth of 7 ft of water and then swim 20 yards on back while holding the weight out of the water. This must be accomplished in 1 minute and 30 seconds. Swim goggles may not be worn.
C. Tread water for 2 minutes using ONLY the legs.
3. Employment: By enrolling and successfully complete this course you are committing to work at the Minisink Swim and Racquet Club for the entire season (June - Sept) for approximately 20-35 hours per week.